Social networks are a great ally for the real estate sector because they help its positioning in this competitive industry. It is important to have a social media marketing strategy that increases the presence of real estate agents and keeps them competitive.
Upward trend in new social network users
The real estate industry has been able to transform itself and join in on the global trends and drive the sector towards its accelerated digitization, above all, because it must go hand in hand with the digitization that society itself is also experiencing. According to the National Association of Realtors, 77% of real estate agents in the US use social networks such as Facebook, followed by LinkedIn and Instagram.
According to the Digital 2021 report by We Are Social and Hootsuite, we are 4.2 billion social network users worldwide, with a year-on-year growth of more than 13%. In Mexico, between 2020 and 2021, there was a 12.4% increase in new users of social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
While the ever-growing numbers of social media users can be overwhelming, it’s important to know the following:
What you should know about social media marketing for real estate
- Strategy. It is not enough to create a profile for your real estate or for your real estate agents, you need an effective digital marketing strategy to generate positioning, conversions, and growth.
- Balance. Social networks are a great tool, and to achieve their maximum potential it’s important to achieve a balance between technology and human talent, both focused on the needs of the real estate consumer.
- Segmentation. The segmentation of your demographic is essential. This will save you money and time when you design your advertisements since you will be able to better identify and reach your prospects (their socioeconomic level, the type of property they are looking for, the location, or the type of service they are looking for). It will also make it easier for you to identify the tactics to use according to your sales funnel.
- Direct Contact. Marketing on social networks allows you to spread your own content, drive traffic to your website, humanize your company, have direct contact with your audience, and help build trust and a community around your brand.
- Take care of the image of your social networks. Consider that they are spaces that should reflect your professionalism, seriousness, trust, and the essence of your real estate agency.
- Make them imagine the lifestyle they could have, living in your property, let this be the dream home they are looking for. Although the final word will be said by your clients when they get to know the property, as a preliminary step, the vast majority will have consulted your social networks beforehand, they will have seen the photos and videos of the properties that interest them and the references that other clients or prospects say about your deal.
- Analyse your data. It is essential that you analyse your metrics, make the necessary adjustments to your strategy, keep tabs on each of your social networks and identify the channel that works best for you.
User preferences, as well as trends, are constantly changing. In the competitive and changing world of business, you need to know how to respond to every challenge.
At Mijo! Brands, a creative digital marketing agency with offices in Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Puerto Vallarta, we have a multidisciplinary team of professionals, specialists in the development of digital marketing strategies, web page design, and efficient management of social networks. We have more than 10 years of experience in the real estate industry.
Call us and learn more about what we can do for your business. We are ready to put your real estate into the digital world.