E-commerce consists of distributing, selling, purchasing, and promoting products or services on the Internet.
Without a doubt, the pandemic caused businesses to leap into the digital age and e-commerce. With the passing months, it became common to order food, groceries, medicines, furniture, and even clothes.
According to the report “Online Sales 2021”, prepared by the Mexican Association of Online Sales (AMVO), in 2020 there was a growth of 81% compared to the previous year.
In the post-pandemic times, this trend continues because many have experienced the enormous advantages of receiving their products at their doorstep, the 24/7 availability, and, in terms of businesses, it has meant a reduction in costs in various areas.
However, not all business paths have been a trip to an amusement park, entrepreneurs have had to adapt, reinvent themselves, and learn.
For these reasons, we present to you…
Tips to boost successful e-commerce in your business
- Implement a system to manage relationships with your customers. Perhaps you started in the world of e-commerce through “trial and error” and you consider that you already more or less dominate certain platforms. It is time to professionalize and specialize these processes. Whether it is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management, Customer Relationship Management) or a Business Administration System (ERP), implement software that centralizes all your information in an automated way, streamlines your processes, and gives you greater control.
- If you don’t have a website yet, it’s time for your business to have one. If you already have a website, evaluate if the user experience is adequate, if the information architecture is optimal or if it is a responsive website. The important thing is that the navigation is intuitive, simple, and gives you conversions.
- Add descriptions or technical sheets to your products that are user-friendly, transparent, and easy to understand. Also, add good quality images and make sure they are your own photos and not stock photos. Let’s remember that the visual impact of your products is important during the purchase process.
- Offer different types of payment and add the functionality of the shopping cart, this will make it easier for your client to gather different items to make their subsequent payment more quickly.
- Offer customer service through different communication channels and your website. Add visible phone number, chat, and a contact form. As you know, there is a lot of competition between businesses and sometimes attentive and dedicated customer service is the differentiator that motivates your prospects to become customers and choose you over your competition.
- Pay attention to the after-sale. In general, in many businesses, it is believed that once the sale is finalized, the whole process ends there and it is not like that. Providing a post-sale service is a competitive advantage that businesses must take into account. Don’t be afraid to ask your customers for their opinion on the product or service they bought from you, ask how it worked for them and keep the door open for future sales. If your product was shipped through a third-party delivery service, follow up during the delivery process and ask how the product got to its destination.
- Consider developing an app for your business. This will allow you to maintain a constant link with your customers, offer them exclusive offers, and be available to them 24/7.
As you can see, the process for successful e-commerce is a path with different variants, but, once you get into it, you realize that it offers you a potential that can boost the growth of your business.
Get closer to the experts, in Mijo! Brands, a creative digital marketing agency with offices in Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Puerto Vallarta, we have a multidisciplinary team of professionals, and e-commerce specialists who accompany you step by step, from start to finish, on the road to successful digitization of your sales.