In general, when you buy a service or product such as sneakers, cell phones, clothes, or whatever comes to mind, it is because you identify with the corporate identity of the company and a link has been created between you and that business.
Just by seeing its logo and its colours, you immediately visualize the company in question. In turn, this company can score a point (or many) in favour because it has made you identify with it, above its competitors.
If you are looking to develop your brand, you should invest resources and start establishing your corporate identity, because it will be through your identity that your consumers will choose you, you will gain loyalty and you will stand out among your competition.
What is corporate identity?
Sometimes, when thinking about these types of concepts, it is believed that they only have to do with large corporations or companies of macro magnitude. Let me tell you that is not entirely true. The corporate identity involves businesses of different sizes and industries. In fact, it is very important that before going to your local market to set up shop, you have a well-defined identity and not only focus on the product or service that you are going to offer.
Corporate identity is the set of characteristics that make up the way your company looks and operates in the world. It is the set of values, principles (vision, mission, philosophy, and culture), actions, and integral image that it projects toward the outside world and within the company itself (with its collaborators and all its human capital).
Know 5 keys to creating the corporate identity of your company
Here are some of the important elements that you should consider when defining this facet of your business:
- Sometimes when thinking about corporate identity, it is believed that it is only the logo and the visual identity. Yes, both are essential for your audience to identify your company, but they are only a small part of the corporate identity, there is more to it than the physical appearance of your business.
- Corporate identity has to do with the culture within your organization and the relationship established between the members of your brand and your customers. It is the dialogue you establish with your prospects and consumers, the way you fulfil your brand’s promises, and your differentiators.
- When you define a pattern of behaviour as a company, you generate trust and loyalty, since your consumers, partners, and collaborators know what to expect from you. Little by little, you build your reputation in front of the world.
- Consumers are aware of the relevance of the products and services offered by companies, the way in which they react to critics, and their good practices. It is important that there be harmony between your dialogue, and your actions and that your human capital is in tune with it.
- Your company is an organization with a unique origin, which little by little builds its history, take this into account when you create your corporate identity. Take care of your tone of voice and that it is consistent with your target audience and your identity.
At Mijo! Brands, a creative digital marketing agency with offices in Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Puerto Vallarta, we have a multidisciplinary team of professionals, specialists in the development of digital marketing strategies, visual identity design, web pages, and efficient network management. We have more than 10 years of experience in many different industries, from tourism to consumer products.