A landing page’s purpose is to allow users to purchase or contract a product or service that is being offered without involving any information that may affect the possible purchase outcome. Although this may seem simple, a landing page must be designed with some key elements that come together in a harmonious way to get the message transmitted in an effectively in order to cause the user to perform a particular action.
Landing pages in terms of marketing strategy and brand positioning are generally one of two varieties:
- A landing page to generate clicks: Its main objective is to persuade the visitor to click on an element on the page and ideally generate a sale. Generally, a product or offer is described in sufficient detail in order to encourage the visitor to decide to make a purchase.
- A landing page to generate leads: This type of landing page is used to obtain user data, such as name, email and phone number. Its sole purpose is to gather information that will provide the ability to contact users in the future. It is important to offer something that will encourage the user to leave their information. This can be done by gifting an eBook, registration for a webinar, a brief consultation, registration for an event, etc.
There is no exact formula for the creation of a landing page, but it is necessary to include a few elements that facilitate interaction with visitors. In terms of information, it is a good idea to include descriptions that are easy-to-digest and reader-friendly.
Furthermore, it is important to be able to generate a content strategy adapted to user experience in order to achieve the objective. It is not enough when the content simply meets a certain quality standard, it is necessary to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Maya Angelou said it best when she described the importance of the experience over the message: “People will forget what you say. People will forget what you do. But you'll never forget how you made it feel.” This means that if the landing page provides a good experience for the user, you will be able to generate action and, moreover, the user will become a new medium of propaganda for your service or product.
Here I’ve shared a small guide that covers the necessary characteristics to will help you to design an effective landing page and not die in the attempt:
- The brand: A good use of the brand helps to generate a confidence in the user, and makes it stand out against the competition.
- Titles: Have clear, powerful, and direct titles, which must show the customer that they have arrived to the right place.
- Inspiring content: If you achieve the portrayal of the information you include on your page on an emotional level, you will receive better outcomes in a higher quantity.
- The Hero-Shot: The element that shows the best side of the product, the better the product is portrayed the better chance there is to get a positive outcome. Try images or videos that explain the fantastic benefits the product or service will provide the user.
- USP (Unique Selling Proposition): What value do they get from this offer? Keep the message short and sweet; include the three or four most important aspects.
- Testimonials: Add real testimonials, if possible direct from social networks, to share the good experiences others have had with your product or service.
- Elements of trust: Add stamps, brands and certificates that guarantee the quality of your product or service. This creates security and confidence for users.
- Price: Highlight your original price if you are providing an offer or special price that will only be available for a certain time period. This creates psychological pressure that will cause users to hasten their purchasing decision.
- Call to Action (CTA – Call to Action): This sets clear expectations of the visitor and ensures the highlight of content and visual elements. Try a button to finalize a purchase or to fill out a contact form.
Our experience at Mijo! Brands, has made us aware of the importance of landing pages for the success in online campaigns of a product or service. Get in touch with us and see how you can best generate a strategy that will benefit your company.