It is no secret that video is one of the most effective tools that exists in the field of marketing and advertising. They are striking, often funny, sometimes ridiculous … but the truth is that videos make an impact.
One of the reasons video impacts us so strongly (either positively or negatively) is because it sticks in our brains. Scientific studies have shown that on first viewing, our brain is able to retain 50% more information compared to any other format (audio only, image only). This is because our brain has more elements which support the conjunction of audio and moving image.
Until a few years ago, video as a marketing tool was available only to big brands with million dollar budgets for advertising campaigns for television and film. But the Internet, especially since YouTube hit the scene, changed this paradigm forever. Anyone with a little creativity, access to a camera and some creativity can create and edit a video.
Furthermore, all this, coupled with the rise of social networks, opened up a communication channel that facilitates access to millions of users through what is commonly known as video-marketing, and it has leveled the marketing field between small, medium and large companies in some significant ways.
But if you're still not convinced that your company should incorporate audiovisual content into your online strategy, Mijo! Brands offers a few facts that you may find interesting.
- The second most used search engine in the world after Google is Youtube. It makes sense. People don’t not want to just read a recipe; they want to see how the dish is prepared.
- More than 70% of users consume online video, which represents more than 50% of the world population.
- In addition, depending on the interest that your content captures, YouTube offers a monetization system (Google Ad-Sense), which can allow your campaign to be profitable in the long term.
- A good content strategy can be transparent and gain the trust of the user. It is a good tool for gaining the high level of customer interaction and support that companies like Apple have managed to achieve, converting their clients in their best sellers and advocates.
- Online video is responsible for more than 40% of Internet traffic, with a clear upward trend thanks to the implementation of Facebook video capability.
- Video improves SEO and the positioning your brand online, as well as increasing quality traffic to your website.
- Mexico is the # 1 country in Latin America in the consumption of online video.
- The company Blendtec, thanks to its Youtube channel called “Will it Blend?”, quintupled its sales in a year.
Now, once you've already convinced, the next step is understanding how to make your campaign successful using video. The answer lies in the creating quality content.
We must assume that your target market is likely unfamiliar with your product / service, so we have to make your content accessible and engaging for viewers that don’t have a background knowledge of your business / brand specifically.
You must also bear in mind that nobody is going to YouTube or Facebook to see ads, but to watch content that is entertaining or informative. So avoid making blatant ads for sales and promotion and get creative in your content.
Mijo! Brands has extensive experience in implementing video as a strategy for different customer campaigns. If you want to know more about how to develop an effective video campaign for your online brand marketing, we invite you to contact us.
Adriá Muñoz Audiovisual Strategist with Mijo! Brands, a leading digital agency with offices in CDMX and Puerto Vallarta.