SEO positioning a website is a process that doesn't happen overnight. It's a slow and steady road that should be mapped with a clear strategy from the beginning of any project and strategies need to be flexible to adapt and respond to results along the way.
It's no secret that Google, the leading search engine, uses hundreds of factors to determine the position of a web page. But what are some of the most effective and frequently used search engine optimization techniques? Here are some of the best:
• Identify keywords and incorporate them into your website content
• Use keywords in headings
• Use meaningful text in internal and external links
• Generate unique titles for each section of the website according to your content and keywords
• Create custom goals for each section of the website
• Do not use outdated technologies such as Flash and/or AJAX
• Manually register the website on search engines
The strategy with all of these techniques should focus on clear goals to measure their effectiveness and/or return on investment. And the techniques that do not work will always be valid in guiding the next steps.
Although these secrets (which are not really secrets to any expert) are only a small part of the whole entity called SEO that your brand can begin to implement in the future. Do you have a “secret” you think we've omitted? Tell us in the comments below and start the debate.
Jorge Chavez is Senior Editor at Mijo! Brands of Mexico.